Senate President Ahmad Lawan has confirmed the defection of three senators from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the All Progressives Congress (APC).
Senator Peter Nwaoboshi of Delta North, Sahabi Ya’u of Zamfara North and Lawali Anka who represents Zamfara West have been announced as the PDP senators who defected to the APC.
The lawmakers in their defections letters which was read out by Lawan, cited the crisis in the country’s main opposition party as the reason for their defection.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections