Senate President, Dr. Ahmad Lawan has constituted a seven-man conference committee on the Sexual Harassment of Students in Tertiary Institutions Prohibition bill.
The bill, passed by the upper legislative chamber on July 7, 2020 was sponsored by the Deputy Senate President, Senator Ovie Omo-Agege (APC Delta Central).
Lawan announced the membership of the conference committee at the start of plenary proceedings.
He named Senator Micheal Opeyemi Bamidele (APC Ekiti Central), was named the chairman of the conference committee.
Other members include: Senators Betty Apiafi, Stella Oduah, Abubakar Kyari, Suleiman Umar, Suleiman Abdu Kwari, and Kola Balogun.
Members of the conference committee are expected to meet with their counterparts in the House of Representatives to harmonise the two versions of the bill passed by both chambers.
- Ex-CAN President, Ayo Oritsejafor’s marriage crashes
- BREAKING…CBN begins distribution of redesigned naira notes to banks
- Celine Dion cancels shows over incurable disease
- Reps disagree with CBN, orders suspension of cash withdrawal limit
- Abducted Ondo monarch regains freedom
- Petrol price disparity: Marketers issue seven-day ultimatum
- KWASSIP starts public workfare programme to alleviate poverty
- Again, naira loses to dollar, exchanges at 445.83
- Sanwo-Olu impregnated my mother in 1994 — Delta man claims he’s gov’s son
- Gov Ortom invites Buhari to commission Benue project