Senate President swears in Jarigbe, new C/River North senator
SenateP President, Dr. Ahmad Lawan, has sworn in Jarigbe Agom Jarigbe to represent Cross River North Senatorial District.
Senator Jarigbe took the oath office on Wednesday at about 11:19am immediately after the start of plenary.
The oath of office was administered by the Clerk of the Senate, Barr. Ibrahim Dauda El-ladan.
His swearing-in comes at the heel of a ruling by the Court of Appeal sitting in Calabar on July 30, 2021, which declared Jarigbe winner of the December 5th, 2020, Cross River North Senatorial By-election.
Jarigbe who is a member of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) replaces Stephen Odey.
The Court of Appeal in its ruling delivered by Hon. Justice Chioma I. Nwosu nullified the certificate of return issued to Stephen Odey by the Independent National Electoral Commission.
Accordingly, the electoral body directed that the certificate of return be immediately withdrawn.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Fuel subsidy: Court stops NLC, TUC, others from embarking on strike
- Kwara Gov meets labour leaders on fuel subsidy removal
- Fuel subsidy: Kwara govt. reduces workdays for civil servants
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic announces retirement from football
- NYSC presents court with documents to prove certificate forgery by Peter Mbah
- Reactions trail ‘drop’ in cooking gas price
- Professionalism and Patriotism: Toun Okewale’s achievements speak loudly
- About 490,000 Job Opportunities Awaiting Nigerians Here—NDPB
- Subsidy: Electricity workers to embark on nationwide strike
- Return missing bullet proof jeeps within 5 days– Zamfara Gov tells Matawalle