Gunmen suspected to be kidnappers have abducted seven officers of the Nigerian Navy in Edo State.
The officers were ambushed and kidnapped along Sapele-Warri road while travelling to Delta from Kaduna State.
The State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Kotongs Bello who confirmed the incident, noting that the command has rescued five of the officers.
The PPRO who was unable to give details of the incident, said the command is working hard to ensure the remaining officers are also rescued unhurt.
Criminal elements have been on rampage across the country, killing and kidnapping citizens despite efforts by the Nigerian Army and other security agencies.
Several school children and travellers are currently in kidnappers dens, particularly in the North where banditry is relatively a business.
- Reps reject Naira swap extension, threatens Emefiele’s arrest
- UNILORIN: Female varsity don performs first cancer-of-the-eye treatment
- Fuel scarcity bites harder in Dutse as litre hits N340
- New Notes: We will monitor banks’ vaults– CBN
- Rail transport system coming to Ebonyi soon– Umahi
- Art Legendary, Oladejo Akinlonu dies at 60
- Dogara takes over today as new NYSC DG
- IsDB, UNCTAD, unite over sustainable investment
- How I deal with people who disappoint me— Tinubu
- Ganduje removes travel ban for Buhari to visit Kano