Alhaji Abdulkadir Jeli-Abubakar, the commissioner for home affairs in Sokoto state is dead.
Malam Muhammad Bello, Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to Governor Aminu Tambuwal said Jeli-Abubakar died on Thursday January 14, at the age of 64 after a protracted illness.
Governor Tambuwal described the deceased’s death as a great loss to the state and the nation at large, and also prayed that God will grant his family and loved ones the fortitude to bear the loss.
Jeli-Abubakar who is the son of the late Sultan of Sokoto, Abubakar III, and younger brother to the present Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar, was a former counselor of the Sultanate Council in Sokoto. He is survived by two wives, many children and grand children.
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG