L-R: Secretary Year 2020 Mandatory Continuous Professional Development (MCPD) Programme, Committee, Mr Oluwafemi Fatoki, A Member of the Nigerian Institution of Surveyors, (NIS), Mr Chika Okorocha, Lagos Branch Vice Chairman, NIS, Mr Deji Sebiotimo and Lagos Branch Chairman NIS, Mr Adesina Adeleke, during the MCPD 2020 zoom training at Alausa, Lagos State.
The Nigerian Institution of Surveyors (NIS), Lagos branch, has restated its commitment to use real-time technology to deal with environmental issues, especially flooding, in Lagos State, NIS spokesperson, Mrs Folakemi Odunewu said on Wednesday in Lagos.
A statement she issued and made available to ROYAL NEWS said the institution reached the decision at a virtual conference on the institution’s 2020 Mandatory Continuous Professional Development Programme (MCPD).
The branch Chairman, Mr Adeleke Adesina said the 2020 MCPD was organised to keep surveyors abreast of current technology under the theme: “Relevance of Surveyors in the Control of Flood using Drone Data’’.
In addition, he said, the programme was also aimed at updating the knowledge of members to enable them leverage technological advancement in surveying practice, to address environmental issues.
“The next line of action of the institution is to ensure that all surveyors are well equipped so as to be able to provide accurate survey data as this would further enhance quality job delivery,’’ he said.
The Chairman of MCPD Programme Committee, Mr Deji Sebiotimo said the programme was “another unique development aimed at updating members on modern trends in application of mapping using drone in flood modelling,’’.
Sebiotimo urged members to take advantage of the programme to develop sound science-based technical knowledge that could add value to the society.
He said that the quest for sustainable development in Lagos State required the use of available resources to solve the issue of flooding in an efficiently built environment.
- DMO issues 2 FGN savings bonds at N1,000 per unit
- Adamawa Govt. increases 2023 budget to N175bn
- SMEDAN empowers 90 youth with sewing machines, others in Plateau
- Rukaiya Atiku backs husband as ‘only candidate who supports women’
- Eto’o tenders apology over violent conduct
- Atiku visits Ooni, pledges restructuring
- Buhari transmits FCT 2023 Budget to Senate
- Obi has nothing to offer Nigerians says APC
- Morocco win Spain 3-0 on penalty knock out
- Kanye celebrates Saint’s 7th birthday at Kim’s house