By Olugbenga Salami
A Non Governmental Organisation, NGO, Elites Sheriff Corps of Nigeria, ESCN, has appealed to the House of Representatives to ensure quick passage of its bill before the lower legislative chamber so as to further prevent tax evasion in the country.
Commandant-General of the Corps, Mr. Ubani Bartholomew Ubani, who made the appeal at the weekend in Abuja while addressing his State Commandants, said the bill when passed would guard against evasion of taxes, most especially by multi-national companies operating in Nigeria.
Ubani added the move would also increase the internally generated revenue, IGR of the federal government once every loophole is blocked.
The Commandant-General who expressed concern over indiscriminate evasion of taxes in the country, reiterated the commitment of the organisation in combating the menace.
Earlier in his welcome address, the Deputy Commandant General of the Corps, Major Muhammad Abdullahi (rtd), said the organisation was collaborating with necessary government agencies in protecting lives and property in the country and therefore called for government’s support towards enhancing its performances.
Abdullahihe advised the state commandants of the Corps to be committed to the progress of their host communities.
In their separate remarks, the Plateau State Commandant, Hellen Musa and her Kogi State counterpart, Shuaibu Mohammed said officers and men of the Corps had been effectively trained on ways of maintaining peace and order in their areas.
They therefore called for more support from state governments to enable them perform optimally.
- BREAKING… Kwara Governor rejoices with PDP over Appeal Court verdict
- BREAKING…. Appeal Court declares PDP winner of Ilorin South assembly elections
- EFCC arraigns former Finance Commissioner, Demola Banu today
- Adelabu floors Seyi Makinde at Appeal Court
- Suspected political thugs set Kogi SDP secretariat ablaze
- SERAP sends anti-Buhari open letter to Archbishop of Canterbury
- SAD…Ex-Petroleum Minister dies at 83
- BREAKING…President resigns after re-election
- Buhari rejoices with Kaigama over appointment
- See full names of newly promoted Army, Naval and Airforce Officers