By Olugbenga Salami
A Non Governmental Organisation, NGO, Elites Sheriff Corps of Nigeria, ESCN, has appealed to the House of Representatives to ensure quick passage of its bill before the lower legislative chamber so as to further prevent tax evasion in the country.
Commandant-General of the Corps, Mr. Ubani Bartholomew Ubani, who made the appeal at the weekend in Abuja while addressing his State Commandants, said the bill when passed would guard against evasion of taxes, most especially by multi-national companies operating in Nigeria.
Ubani added the move would also increase the internally generated revenue, IGR of the federal government once every loophole is blocked.
The Commandant-General who expressed concern over indiscriminate evasion of taxes in the country, reiterated the commitment of the organisation in combating the menace.
Earlier in his welcome address, the Deputy Commandant General of the Corps, Major Muhammad Abdullahi (rtd), said the organisation was collaborating with necessary government agencies in protecting lives and property in the country and therefore called for government’s support towards enhancing its performances.
Abdullahihe advised the state commandants of the Corps to be committed to the progress of their host communities.
In their separate remarks, the Plateau State Commandant, Hellen Musa and her Kogi State counterpart, Shuaibu Mohammed said officers and men of the Corps had been effectively trained on ways of maintaining peace and order in their areas.
They therefore called for more support from state governments to enable them perform optimally.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign