Sen. Bola Tinubu, National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), has commiserated with Gov. Babagana Zulum and the people of Borno State over the recent gruesome killing of farmers in Zabarmari Community by Boko Haram insurgents.
In a condolence message to the governor on Wednesday, Tinubu described the tragedy as callous and gruesome.
The APC leader said that the cold-blooded murder of the innocent rice farmers, who were toiling to eke out a living for themselves and their families and provide food security for the nation, was not only callous but satanic.
“It is with utmost sorrow and distress that I commiserate with you on the dastardly and inhuman killing of dozens of farmers in Zabarmari, Jere Local Government Area of Borno State, on Saturday.
“The cold-blooded murder of these innocent citizens, toiling to eke out a living for themselves and their families and provide food security for our nation is not only callous but satanic.
“I recall your strident sacrifices to ensure that millions of displaced Borno residents are resettled in their ancestral homes and return to their various occupations.
“These efforts have not only helped in increasing agricultural output but have also given joy to the displaced.
“Your Excellency, this unfortunate incident despite your spirited efforts in complementing the efforts of the Federal security forces is a sad reminder that the war against these desperate and blood-thirsty insurgents will require more efforts to win.
“My hope and prayer is that Allah will give you the courage to continue to provide succour to your people even in the face of this rather depressing event,” he said.
ROYAL NEWS reports that no fewer than 43 rice farmers were murdered by the Boko Haram insurgents in the dastardly act on Saturday, Nov. 28, 2020 in Borno.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank