Tinubu: I will leave Nigeria when…– Bode George
Former Deputy National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Chief Bode George, has disclosed when he intends to fulfill his promise of leaving Nigeria following INEC’s announcement of Bola Ahmed Tinubu as winner of the presidential election.
Recall that Bode George had pledged to relocate to a Togo if Bola Tinubu of the All Progressives Congress, APC, wins the presidential election.
Bode was on Arise Television today, March 28, and was asked when he will leave Nigeria since Tinubu has been declared winner of the election.
Bode answered that he is going to wait on the judiciary to make decision on the outcome of the election.
Bode said, “I am almost eighty years old, I can decide to live the rest of my life in peace. Remember, I was in the navy, I have been in almost all parts of the world, and I can still decide to go back to any place and live my life in peace; a place where water, electricity, security and food would be available; that is all I need for my children and grandchildren to be well.
“All I need to do very soon is to quit and get out of partisan politics because all of my 25 years I have been struggling, fighting, trying to make this country work.
“When I will go I will decide, that’s my choice. The game is not yet over. We are going to wait on the outcome of the judiciary. I have relations here. It doesn’t mean I will never come back to Nigeria. If I said I am going to be out, that I am not going to be here, am I going to look for another job now? Nobody will employ me now.”
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- NGF: Tinubu congratulates Gov. AbdulRazaq, Uzodinma
- Alleged N4bn: EFCC drills Ex-Gov. Kayode Fayemi in Ilorin
- I never indicated interest to be 10th Assembly’s Senate President— Lawan
- Insecurity: Tinubu gives Service Chiefs Matching Order
- Breaking…..CBN debunks rumour on alleged Naira devaluation
- Folashade Tinubu adds ‘First Daughter of FRN’ to her Twitter bio
- INEC rejects certified true copies of documents tendered by Atiku, PDP
- CBN devalues Naira to 630 per dollar
- Hajj 2023: Again, MAX Air makes another emergency landing in Kano
- How MDAs abused N3.8trn Service Wide Vote, by Senate