Tinubu seeks more patriotism in Sallah message
Bola Tinubu, president-elect, says he is ready to walk with all Nigerians.
Speaking in a statement on Thursday to felicitate with Muslims on the occasion of the Eid-el-Fitri celebration, Tinubu said citizens should constantly seek to become a better version of themselves in patriotism, dedication to duty, and honesty.
“For Muslims in our country and all over the world, Ramadan is a sacred spiritual obligation as one of the five pillars of Islam. With the help of Almighty Allah, we have gone through a period of abstinence, self-discipline, self-reflection, self-purification in gratitude, and total submission to the will of Allah.
We have engaged in fervent prayers and supplications to Allah,” he said.
“Beyond the self-abnegation and pious living that the fasting period imposed on us, the spiritual exercise we just concluded has also helped us to improve our moral character, and refine our minds in pursuit of higher ideals for which there should be no turning back.
“At the heart of our faith and a major demand of all faithful is the requirement to commit ourselves to wholesome living. This entails love for one another, love for fellow humans regardless of creed, region, and ethnicity, love for our communities, and love for country.
“We are at the dawn of a Renewed Hope for a better, greater, and more prosperous Nigeria and I stand ready to walk with all Nigerians, young and old, male and female, with this opportunity to serve you in honour and dignity.
“This is a commitment that I have made and one in which we cannot afford to fail. I wish all Muslims in Nigeria and beyond a happy Sallah celebration.”
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Tinubu commiserates with India over deadly train crash
- N2bn: Ex-Women Affairs Minister, Pauline Tallen reacts to rumoured EFCC’s arrest
- EFCC grills Buhari’s minister Pauline Tallen
- UN appoints Akinwumi Adesina, Muhtar, Nwuneli into new positions
- We won’t fix petrol prices again – NMDPRA
- Court affirms Iyorchia Ayu’s sack as PDP National Chairman
- Importer to CBN: Tell the truth, Naira has been devalued
- NLC to commence nationwide strike on Wednesday if new petrol price isn’t reversed
- Breaking….. Tinubu announces critical appointments, Gbajabiamila, Akume, Hadejia make list
- FG to fix one refinery before December — Kyari