The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu alongside some notable members of the APC is currently in Ibadan, Oyo State capital.
The former governor of Lagos State is in Ibadan to meet Muslim leaders from the South West geo-political zone to seek their support ahead of the 2023 presidential election.
Tinubu who arrived at the venue of the meeting around 1:20 pm on Sunday was accompanied by the Deputy Governor of Lagos State, Obafemi Hamzat, former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Dimeji Bankole and Hajia Hadiza Bala Usman.
Those who received Tinubu in Ibadan to the meeting included the gubernatorial candidate of APC, Senator Teslim Folarin, Oyo South senatorial candidate, Barrister Sharafadeen Alli, Oyo North senatorial candidate, Dr Abdulfatai Buhari, Oyo North senatorial candidate, Dr Yunus Akintunde and former Minister of Communications, Barrister Adebayo Shittu.
Others are Hon. Akeem Adeyemi, APC Chairman in the state, Isaac Omodewu, former deputy governor of the state, Engineer Rauf Olaniyan and Senator Soji Akanbi.
Some of the Muslim leaders from the South West at the event included the President of Muslim Ummah of South West (MUSWEN), Alhaji Rasaki Oladejo, MUSWEN Executive Secretary, Professor Muslih Yahya, Director of Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) Professor Isiaq Akintola and President-General, League of Imans and Alfas of Yorubaland, Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere Bello.
Oladejo in his welcome remark said: “This meeting was organised for Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu to directly engage Muslim leaders in the South West, to unveil his plans.
“A good government will lead to economic development. With your pedigree, we believed that you can take Nigeria to a greater height when elected.”
- Naira notes: CBN approves Feb. 10 as new deadline
- Buhari tackling problems others ran from– Tinubu
- Solanke-Koya urges Aviation Minister to reject payment of airfare in foreign currency
- Gusau expresses interest to run for Certified Athletic Administrator Presidency
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi
- 2023: Groups target 1million votes for Tinubu in Osun
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu purchases 100 cars for Lagos civil servants