The accident occurred on Saturday at Jwak village in Panyam District of Mangu Local Government Area of the state after the zonal rally of the party held in Pankshin.
Mr Peter Longsan, Public Education Officer of Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) in Plateau confirmed the incident to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Jos.
Longsan, who promised to give more details, however, said that so far seven persons were confirmed dead.
”As we speak, I’m still waiting for a comprehensive report from our men on ground, but so far, we are told seven people lost their lives.
”We are also told that over seventy persons were loaded in the truck which crashed at Panyam in Mangu on their way back to Jos,” he said.
Longsan said that the injured were currently receiving treatment at a hospital in Mangu.
Mr Caleb Mutfwang, the PDP governorship candidate in the state, in a statement, condoled the families of those who lost their lives and wished the injured speedy recovery.
The candidate said he was visiting the victims at the various hospitals to ascertain the severity of their condition and necessary steps to take.
- NURTW warns members against rejecting old naira notes
- JAMB opens up on extending registration
- JAMB suspends CBT centre in Kwara for violating rules
- COVID-19 remains International health threat, WHO warns
- 59 confirmed dead and 157 injured in Pakistan mosque bomb blast
- Redesigned notes: Lagos residents groan as scarcity hits hard
- West Ham set up Man United tie by beating Derby
- No room for deadline extension, JAMB Registrar, Oloyede warns prospective applicants
- VIDEOS+PHOTOS: When Buhari visited Emir of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero
- Abiola Bawuah becomes UBA CEO in Africa