Two brother have been arrested for impersonating the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Ibadan zonal office, Oyo State, to extort money from Internet fraudsters with a promise to shield them from being arrested by the commission.
They are; Olatunji Joe Beyioku (35) and Oluwayomi Beyioku (37) – were arrested in Abeokuta, Ogun State capital, on Friday during a sting operation.
EFCC operatives had embarked on discreet investigations into the activities of the suspects who claimed to be spy police officers with the rank of deputy superintendent of police and ‘assisted’ the commission with information on the whereabouts of Internet fraudsters within the town.
The zonal office of the commission in a statement on Friday said it was discovered that the suspects only exposed those who failed to meet their demands while making millions of naira sabotaging the commission’s efforts.
The statement read in part, “A search conducted on the younger brother’s palatial residence along the Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway suggested that they may be living far above their means. Items found in the multi-million naira building also raised suspicion of the brothers’ possible involvement in other forms of criminal activities.
“Items recovered from them include two cars; Honda Accord Crosstour and a Mercedes Benz GLK and different brands of mobile phones and charms.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo