Two teenage boys- Shedrack Alex, 16 and Jeremiah Akindele, 17, on Wednesday appeared before a Karu Grade 1 Area Court, Abuja, charged with attacking and beating up a girl.
The defendants, who are standing trial on three-count charge of joint acts, criminal force and assault, however denied committing the offences.
The prosecutor, Ayotunde Adeyanju, told the court that a formal complaint was received at the Karu Police Station on Nov. 27, reporting the matter.
According to the complaint, the defendants with two other suspects still at large, attacked and beat one Theresa Duru without any provocations.
The prosecutor said that the offences committed contravened Sections 96 and 262 of the Penal Code.
The Judge, Inuwa Maiwada, granted the defendants bail in the sum of N20, 000 each with one surety in like sum and adjourned the case until Feb. 23 for hearing.
- TEMPORARY BAN ON PROTEST, RALLIES AND UNLAWFUL PROCESSIONS IN KWARA
- Opinion….THE ESSENTIALS OF GBENGA POWER (1)
- 35 Muslim Personalities, Groups Set To Bag IMAN’s Awards
- New currency: NASS, INEC admit threat to general elections
- Tinubu hails Nigerian Governors over Supreme Court ruling on CBN Naira Swap policy
- Election will hold as scheduled– INEC Chairman briefs FEC
- Bank workers threaten nationwide shutdown over attacks
- Old naira extension: Tinubu hails govs over Supreme Court ruling
- Governors beg Buhari to extend naira swap deadline
- Naira Notes: Supreme Court bans FG, CBN in a temporary ruling