Two Nollywood practitioners have been reported dead in the space of 24 hours.
First was the news of Nollywood film-maker and Director, Ansa Bassey Kpokpogri, a Calabar-born mother of one who passed away after complaining of pains from peptic ulcer.
Many may not know her but Calabar-born Ansa is a top Nollywood producer, actress and assistant director, known for Black Gold (2011), Dawn in the Creeks (2014), Mary Slessor (2008) and The Amazing Grace (2006).
Uduak Isong Oguamanam, younger sister of Emem Isong, took to her Facebook to write a glowing tribute to the late Ansa, whom she described as a friend, partner and colleague; “Grief. It makes you remember things. Minute details, like the sound of their feet, the colour of their hair and the sweet smell of their body spray. It makes you regret.
The holidays you never took, the movies you never watched together, the visits you kept planning to but never made.It reminds you. Of your own mortality.
You wonder if there’s a row call and what your number is on the list. Death doesn’t warn you. One moment you’re laughing with a loved one, your head thrown back, with wanton abandon, the next your eyes are bloodshot from weeping for a loss so deep no one can understand.
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter ansa I’ll never understand, never come to terms with your death. You were many things to me; Friend. Sister. Business partner. Supporter.
Colleague. My life was better because you were in it. Sleep well my beautiful ,adorable ,amazing Ansa. Till we meet again to part no more” Naij.com earlier reported the death of Kudirat Ajimatu.
Her remains was buried according to Islamic rite on Tuesday, November 15, 2016. May their soul rest in peace.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections