Two Nollywood practitioners have been reported dead in the space of 24 hours.
First was the news of Nollywood film-maker and Director, Ansa Bassey Kpokpogri, a Calabar-born mother of one who passed away after complaining of pains from peptic ulcer.
Many may not know her but Calabar-born Ansa is a top Nollywood producer, actress and assistant director, known for Black Gold (2011), Dawn in the Creeks (2014), Mary Slessor (2008) and The Amazing Grace (2006).
Uduak Isong Oguamanam, younger sister of Emem Isong, took to her Facebook to write a glowing tribute to the late Ansa, whom she described as a friend, partner and colleague; “Grief. It makes you remember things. Minute details, like the sound of their feet, the colour of their hair and the sweet smell of their body spray. It makes you regret.
The holidays you never took, the movies you never watched together, the visits you kept planning to but never made.It reminds you. Of your own mortality.
You wonder if there’s a row call and what your number is on the list. Death doesn’t warn you. One moment you’re laughing with a loved one, your head thrown back, with wanton abandon, the next your eyes are bloodshot from weeping for a loss so deep no one can understand.
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter ansa I’ll never understand, never come to terms with your death. You were many things to me; Friend. Sister. Business partner. Supporter.
Colleague. My life was better because you were in it. Sleep well my beautiful ,adorable ,amazing Ansa. Till we meet again to part no more” Naij.com earlier reported the death of Kudirat Ajimatu.
Her remains was buried according to Islamic rite on Tuesday, November 15, 2016. May their soul rest in peace.
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud
- OPINION: As Kunle Akogun Hits Diamond Age
- PHOTO NEWS: Late Emir of Dutse requests to be buried in public cemetery
- N34.1bn generated as IGR in 2022– Kwara Govt
- Buhari inaugurates new MOFI Board, says FG targets N100trn
- Over 50 Emirs, others witness late Dutse monarch’s funeral prayer
- Emir Sulu-Gambari commiserates with Jigawa govt. over Dutse monarch’s death
- Gov. AbdulRazaq inaugurates APC campaign council in Kwara
- Media expert harps on importance of free press on democracy