The Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Corps (TRACE), in Ogun, on Monday said an auto crash that occurred around Indomie axis, on Idiroko road, had claimed the lives of two people, while one other person sustained serious injuries.
The Sango-Ota Area Commander of TRACE, Mr Adekunle Ajibade, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), in Ota, that the accident happened at about 8.10 a.m.
Ajibade explained that the accident was caused by a motorcyclist, who was en-route Oju-Ore,Ota, from Iyana-Iyesi, and who was riding against traffic following a gridlock around the area.
He said the motorcyclists, an articulated vehicle and a Honda car, were involved in the accident.
The commander said: “The corpses of the victims have been deposited at Ifo General Hospital morgue, while the survivor is also receiving treatment at the General Hospital, Ota.
“Also, the driver of the articulated vehicle, the motorcycle and the other vehicles involved, have been taken to the Onipanu Divisional Police Station, Ota,Ogun.”
Ajibade cautioned motorcyclists over driving against traffic to avoid unnecessary loss of lives.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal