A Professor of Political Science at the University of Ilorin, Hassan Saliu has called for the creation of a vision document to direct successive governments in Kwara State.
Prof Saliu called for the creation of the document while answering questions from ROYAL NEWS correspondent in Ilorin, the Kwara State Capital.
The Political Scientist noted that by creating the vision document, it would serve as a blueprint for the development of the state and serve as developmental guide to successive governments in the state.
According to him, the people of the state should start preparing how to develop the state for the next 50 years, pointing out that the development of the state must be collective responsibilities of both the government and the people.
Prof. Saliu also stressed the need to grow Small Medium Scale Enterprises, especially family crafts or trades in the state to create employment and grow the industrial sector.
The Political Scientist asked the federal government to diagnose and identify the problems affecting the growth and development of local industries in the country with a view to taking curative steps to turn the country to productive nation instead of being consuming country.
Saliu also advocated diffusion of power in the country, stressing that more power and funds should be provided for states to spring up the development of the country.
He also cautioned politicians against heating up the polity, saying that democratic rule is far better than military government and asked Nigerians to stand together and kick against any plot to overthrow the current political dispensation.
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory