The Civil Society Coalition for Transparency (CSCT), a coalition of over 100 civil society groups within and outside Nigeria that believe on reputation management for a better society have honoured the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Ilorin, Professor Sulyman Age Abdulkareem, with an award of the ‘’Most Outstanding Vice-Chancellor of the Year’’
While presenting the award to the Vice-Chancellor in his office, the President of CSCT, Hon Mike Femi, said that Prof. Abdulkareem’s nomination for the Millenium Development Gold Award ‘’was ratified and endorsed by all members in our last general assembly’’.
Hon. Femi commended the Vice Chancellor for being a competent Public Officer, who has demonstrated competence by creating a conducive environment for students on campus.
In an earlier letter written to the Vice Chancellor, the civil society organization noted that ‘’after due diligent and consideration of reports received, your institution emerged the best in infrastructural development and academic excellence particularly under your able leadership’’.
While thanking the organization for the recognition of his services to the University of Ilorin, the Vice-Chancellor noted that he has benefitted immensely from working with three former Vice Chancellors of the institution, stressing that he would continue to stay committed to the growth and development of the University.
Other members of the delegation that joined the President of the organization include Comrade Jibril Ishaq, Hon. Harriet Obitea and Comrade Olumuyiwa Onlede.
- UNILORIN VC seeks upgrade of molecular lab to public health lab
- Naira, Fuel, scarcity take shine off 44th Kaduna International Trade Fair
- I paid ₦1,000 for litre– Oshiomhole laments fuel scarcity, price
- Tems wins Grammy award
- Kwara South Group Drums Support For ADC Reps candidate, Gbenga Power
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai