Salaudeen Waliu, the 400-Level student at the University of llorin (UNILORIN), who reportedly beat up a lecturer, Mrs Zakariyyah, to stupor after an altercation on his academics has opened up on what led to the unfortunate incident.
The student, popularly identified as Captain Walz, claimed that months before the last Thursday incident, he was arrested and locked up for two months, thereby warranting his inability to attend SiWES duties.
He also claimed to have gone to the office of the female lecturer to beg her to help wave the mandatory SIWES course which he missed due to unforeseen circumstances but was always met with negative responses.
According to him, he had gone to Lagos to meet a friend for the first time but was accused of being a thief and locked up by the police which led to his detention for two months.
Mr. Waliu noted that he went on to narrate his ugly Lagos incident to Mrs. Zakariyau, but she refused to give him grace, saying he had no option but to join the next set which would result in an extra year.
He said on the fateful Thursday when he entered the lecturer’s office, she ordered him out of her office.
“I got angry, I don’t know what came over me, I started arguing and she told me to leave her Office, and I told her if I don’t leave, what is she going to do? “She then threw a mug at me which injured me and I started beating her” he added.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- NiMet predicts cloudy, sunny weather conditions for three days
- Buhari hails Army over professionalism, bravery
- Police graduates 467 constables in Kwara
- Estate agent arraigned in court over alleged N3.4m fraud
- Photo News: Defence Minister, Salihi Magashi visits Kuje prison
- KUJE ATTACK: MINISTER OF DEFENCE INSPECTS MEDIUM SECURITY CUSTODIAL CENTRE
- 2022 Ilorin Grand Durbar: Kwara govt expresses more supports
- Bandits, vigilantes clash kill 12 persons in Plateau
- FG set to recruit 1million Nigerians for 2023 census exercise
- Police re-arrest jailbreaker in Ondo State