Salaudeen Waliu, the 400-Level student at the University of llorin (UNILORIN), who reportedly beat up a lecturer, Mrs Zakariyyah, to stupor after an altercation on his academics has opened up on what led to the unfortunate incident.
The student, popularly identified as Captain Walz, claimed that months before the last Thursday incident, he was arrested and locked up for two months, thereby warranting his inability to attend SiWES duties.
He also claimed to have gone to the office of the female lecturer to beg her to help wave the mandatory SIWES course which he missed due to unforeseen circumstances but was always met with negative responses.
According to him, he had gone to Lagos to meet a friend for the first time but was accused of being a thief and locked up by the police which led to his detention for two months.
Mr. Waliu noted that he went on to narrate his ugly Lagos incident to Mrs. Zakariyau, but she refused to give him grace, saying he had no option but to join the next set which would result in an extra year.
He said on the fateful Thursday when he entered the lecturer’s office, she ordered him out of her office.
“I got angry, I don’t know what came over me, I started arguing and she told me to leave her Office, and I told her if I don’t leave, what is she going to do? “She then threw a mug at me which injured me and I started beating her” he added.
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt