The Vice Chancellor of the University of Ilorin, Prof. Wahab Olasupo Egbewole, SAN, has congratulated two distinguished alumni of the University, Dr Jamila Bio Ibrahim and Mrs Atikat Ajanna, on their appointments as Minister of Youth and Senior Special Assistant to the President, respectively. The appointments of the duo were announced over the weekend.
In a statement made available to newsmen by the University’s Director of Corporate Affairs, Mr Kunle Akogun, Prof. Egbewole described the development as a monumental episode in the history of the University.
He explained that the University felt honoured with the appointment of the duo who graduated from the institution’s College of Health Sciences and the Department of Computer Science, respectively.
The Vice Chancellor explained that members of the University community were not surprised by the appointment of the two ladies considering their impressive and intimidating resume, which they started building right from their days as undergraduates at the nation’s most sought-after University.
Prof. Egbewole said, “The two appointees have always been highly responsible and responsive leaders”, adding that “they served a notice of who they would become right from the University”.
The Vice Chancellor, who is the Secretary-General of the Association of West African Universities (AWAU), urged Dr Ibrahim and Mrs Ajanna to see their appointments as opportunities to display the invaluable virtues of dignity, integrity, and probity as well as excellent service delivery inculcated in them at the University, saying that they must prove their mettle by actively assisting the President in piloting the nation out of its current socio-economic challenges.
Prof. Egbewole also urged the duo to see themselves as ambassadors of the Better by far University with the conviction that whatever they do would have enduring impacts on their great alma mater.
While thanking President Bola Ahmed Tinubu for appointing the two ladies into such sensitive positions, Prof. Egbewole prayed the Almighty Allah to grant the appointees all they would need to excel beyond expectations.
- (See Pictures) Court sends 20 internet fraudsters to jail in Oyo
- Gbenga Power rejoices with Nigerians on 63rd Independence celebrations
- CJN to inaugurate 23 Federal High Court Judges Oct 4.
- US Court Orders Release of Tinubu’s Academic Records in 48 hrs
- Kwara Proposes N239bn Revised Budget To Assembly
- Gamji Association Tasks Youths To Emulate Virtues Of Founding Fathers
- Fagbemi dissociates FG from N50bn plea bargain with Emefiele
- Nigeria @63: Peaceful co-existence is germane for nat’l growth— Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Nigeria @63: Tinubu approves new minimum wage for FG workers
- (PHOTOS) Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Benin