The Osun State University has revealed its commitment to entrepreneurship through disbursing N200,000 loan to alumni of the institution.
According to the Vice-Chancellor of the university, Prof. Labode Popoola during the 10th Convocation Ceremony on Tuesday, those eligible are graduate with keen interest in entrepreneurship for a start-up SMEs.
“We came up with an Alumni start-up loan scheme of N200,000 to be given to Alumni of this institution who have bankable proposals.
“This loan, repayable over the period of five years is at an interest rate of 1 per cent. Last year, 20 Alumni benefited from this initiative, and presently, we have 21 applications being considered.
The Vice-Chancellor further noted that the institution aimed students with entrepreneurial skills, which can be deployed for their sustenance after graduating.
ROYAL NEWS reports that out of 1,815 graduands, 35 came with First Class Honours, 544 with second Class
- 2023 election about competence, not religion– Tinubu Group
- 2023: Osinbajo group endorses Tinubu, receives APC letter of recognition
- Kwara Govt converts Ilorin General Hospital to teaching hospital
- I won’t forget Nigerians if elected, Tinubu vows
- Spectrum Auction will democratize broadband for Nigerians — Danbatta
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated