ROYAL NEWS had reported that the professor and her husband were kidnapped on Monday when gunmen suspected to be kidnappers invaded their residence behind Haske Quarters, Lamingo in Jos North Local Government Area of Plateau State.
It was gathered that the victims were released on Monday night, hours after their abduction.
The State Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, ASP Ubah Gabriel Ogaba confirmed this on Tuesday morning that they were rescued unhurt.
According to him, the development was aided by hunters and vigilante group in the area.
The PPRO said, “With the Concerted effort of the Police Tactical Team, Plateau State Command, hunters and vigilantes, the kidnapped victims, Prof Grace Ayanbimpe and her husband, Mr Isaac Ayanbimpe were released unhurt”.
- Kwara Gov directs distribution of 20,000 50kg bags of maize*
- Meet Prince Fahad Okechukwu Emetumah, a Lawyer turned Musician
- Only security can guarantee peace, economic growth –Minister
- UNSCR 2250: FG, groups seek support for lasting peace among youths
- FG, Foreign Football Agents, Others Partner Obasa Cup
- Senators donate N1m each to victims of Kaduna drone misfire
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector