Warning! “Boko Haram disguises as menial workers”
The Defence Headquarters has urged Nigerians to be wary as fleeing members of the Boko Haram terrorists from the Sambisa forest now disguise themselves as menial workers, infiltrating villages in the North East.
A statement by the acting defence spokesman, Gen. Rabe Abubakar on Tuesday in Abuja, said the escaping terrorists did that to attack communities and towns in the region.
He said, “Available information indicates that some fleeing Boko Haram terrorists are now disguising as menial workers to melt into communities and towns with a view to organising terrorists attack against our innocent citizens.
“The unfortunate recent incidents in Madagali and Maiduguri are instructive.
“The Defence Headquarters therefore advises citizens to be on the alert and be wary of these tricks of the defeated terrorists who are hell-bent on remaining relevant in spite of their lost battle.”
He said that the sensitisation becomes necessary now to create security awareness to our citizens to be conscious of some strange faces that can take menial jobs in their communities or towns, especially now that festivities are around the corner.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Senate President: Group canvasses support for Akpabio
- Adamawa re-run election: CAN calls for calm
- FG confirms May 3 for commencement of 2023 Census
- Gov Adeleke entertains supporters with drumming skills (Video)
- Igbos will worship Tinubu if he can create seaport in Anambra– Cossy Ojiakor
- WAAFA: Cleric seeks support for orphans, less privileged
- Ilorin Emir’s palace ramadan tafsir begins on Monday
- INEC set to issue Certificate of Return to govs, deputy govs-elect
- Facts about Gen. Oladipo Diya as he dies at 79
- DSS raises alarm over plot to incite violence