Former running mate to President Buhari, Pastor Tunde Bakare, says Nigerians might have been shortchanged after they rejected the PDP in 2015 and accepted the promise of change the APC came into power with.
Bakare who is the Serving Overseer of the Citadel Global Community Church, formerly known as Latter Rain Assembly, said this in a virtual interview with journalist, Dele Momodu.
According to Bakare, there is a feeling of disappointment amongst Nigerians about the Buhari-led government.
”The truth of the matter is it is still the same Buhari, in the midst of many competing interests, we respond differently. The President is still himself, some have even asked me if he is not somebody else.
Power changes people, has power changed him or is he making the best situation of the circumstances? He will be the one to answer it.
The expectations of Nigerians, including everyone who woke up to say we need a breath of fresh air, has not been met. There is a feeling of disappointment.
Citizens have right to demand for good governance. People deserve the government they get.
We rejected PDP and embraced APC’s change but it appears we have been shortchanged.” he said.
- No room for deadline extension, JAMB Registrar, Oloyede warns prospective applicants
- VIDEOS+PHOTOS: When Buhari visited Emir of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero
- Abiola Bawuah becomes UBA CEO in Africa
- INEC investigates viral video of extortion during PVCs collection in Enugu
- Buhari inaugurates 10mw solar plant in Kano State
- Court remands woman for pouring hot water on her co-wife in Kwara
- UNA-USA Ambassador, Lady Tee Thompson applauds KAM Holding for promoting SDGs
- Why I am not allocating land in FCT – Minister
- Nigeria records 244 confirmed cases of Lassa fever, 37 deaths in 16 states and FCT
- 2023: Kwara Hausa/Fulani community adopts NNPP guber candidate