The Commissioner for Tertiary Education, Science and Technology in Kwara State, Sa’adatu Modibbo Kawu, has expressed commitment for the introduction of innovative and creative interventions that will address some of the challenges facingTertiary institutions in the state.
Kawu made the pledge in Ilorin during her maiden meetings with members of staff of the Ministry of Tertiary Education, Science and Technology in the State.
She observed that the new administration is keen on ensuring that the education system in the state is turn-around for the better.
The Commissioner also pledged to operate open policy to ensure the various challenges are overcome, while also calling for the cooperation of the staffs of the ministry
Kawu therefore appealed to staff to go extra miles in assisting the government to achieve it’s aims and objectives.
Speaking earlier, Dr Musa Dasuki, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Tertiary Education, Science and Technology lamented that the ministry has been having series of challenges that hinder it’s smooth operation.
He listed some of the challenges to include staff welfarism, and need for professional training of staffs and need for innovative ideas among others.
Dasuki noted that the ministry holds a staff strength of 107 in six Directorate, emphasising that improving staff welfarism will go a long way to boost workers morale.
some of the issues and challenges raised by staff of the ministry during the interactive meetings included transportation problems, trainings of staff and professionalism among others.
- Gbenga Power rejoices with Nigerians on 63rd Independence celebrations
- CJN to inaugurate 23 Federal High Court Judges Oct 4.
- US Court Orders Release of Tinubu’s Academic Records in 48 hrs
- Kwara Proposes N239bn Revised Budget To Assembly
- Gamji Association Tasks Youths To Emulate Virtues Of Founding Fathers
- Fagbemi dissociates FG from N50bn plea bargain with Emefiele
- Nigeria @63: Peaceful co-existence is germane for nat’l growth— Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Nigeria @63: Tinubu approves new minimum wage for FG workers
- (PHOTOS) Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Benin
- Opinion: Celebrating a quintessential ex-Defence Minister, Gen. BS Magashi @ 74