Why I declined EFCC invitation– Fayemi
The former Governor of Ekiti State, Kayode Fayemi, has declined an invitation by the Economic and Financial Crime Commission, EFCC, over an investigation involving money laundering.
An invitation letter dated 12th May 2023, was sent to Fayemi by the EFCC.
According to the letter, the Commission said it needed clarifications from Fayemi as part of the investigation.
The statement further disclosed that Fayemi’s scheduled interview with the EFCC would be held on 18th May 2023.
However, Fayemi who had acknowledged the receipt of the commission’s letter via his legal representatives claimed he would not be available for the interview on that particular day.
The former Minister of Solid Minerals stated that he would be engaged in the presentation and launching of two new books in honour of President Muhammadu Buhari.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Tinubu commiserates with India over deadly train crash
- N2bn: Ex-Women Affairs Minister, Pauline Tallen reacts to rumoured EFCC’s arrest
- EFCC grills Buhari’s minister Pauline Tallen
- UN appoints Akinwumi Adesina, Muhtar, Nwuneli into new positions
- We won’t fix petrol prices again – NMDPRA
- Court affirms Iyorchia Ayu’s sack as PDP National Chairman
- Importer to CBN: Tell the truth, Naira has been devalued
- NLC to commence nationwide strike on Wednesday if new petrol price isn’t reversed
- Breaking….. Tinubu announces critical appointments, Gbajabiamila, Akume, Hadejia make list
- FG to fix one refinery before December — Kyari