Why I didn’t pay tribute to Ifeanyi in new album– Davido
Nigerian singer David Adeleke popularly known as Davido has explained why he did not pay tribute to his late son, Ifeanyi, nor include sad songs in his newly released album, ‘Timeless’.
Davido during a press conference in Lagos on Monday, April 17, said that his main goal was to release a classic album with minimal or no emotional songs to prevent fans from becoming emotional following the loss of his son.
The crooner also discussed his personality and his 12-year career in the industry. He explained that he has always been a happy person, regardless of what he may be going through.
Furthermore, he stated that if sad songs are to come, then it will be an entirely different project on its own as he never had plans of combining them.
He also addressed questions about his upcoming “Timeless” concert in Lagos. The concert is scheduled for April 23, 2023, at the Tafawa Balewa Square.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Senate amends ICPC Act, slams 2yr imprisonment on false petitioners
- FG roads: NASS approves Buhari’s request of N16.7bn refund to Borno
- Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer To Tinubu: Don’t inherit Buhari’s hostility
- Adegoke’s Murder: Court sentences Adedoyin to death
- Gov Otti reveals plan to recruit 5,000 teachers in Abia
- 10th NASS: Igbo Senate Presidency still alive, says Kalu
- Court sentences Rahmon Adedoyin, 3 others to death
- DSS’ Siege on Our Lagos Office Shocking – EFCC
- Fuel scarcity: KWSG to revoke CoO of erring filling stations
- Gov Abba Yusuf issues executive order to probe Ganduje