Why I’ll go far away from Nigerians, Buhari confessed
Barely one month to the expiration of his tenure, President Muhammadu Buhari has appealed to people he might have hurt in the course of his duties to pardon him.
Buhari also appreciated Nigerians for tolerating him over the last seven and a half years of his administration, while noting that he would quietly retire to his hometown as he had gotten what he asked for.
The president made the statements at the ninth and final Sallah homage by residents of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) led by the minister, Mohammed Bello, at the Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
“I think this is a very good coincidence for me to say goodbye to you and to thank you for tolerating me for more than seven and half years now.”
“I assure you, I have deliberately arranged to be as far away from you as possible not because I don’t appreciate the love you’ve shown to me, but because I think I’ve gotten what I have asked and I would rather quietly retire to my hometown.
Buhari stressed that he had the opportunity to have been a Governor, Minister and the President twice, and therefore appreciated God who has given him incredible opportunity to serve.
“So, please whoever feels I have done wrong to, we are all humans. There is no doubt I hurt some people and I wish you will pardon me. And those that think that I have hurt them so much, please pardon me.”
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Senate amends ICPC Act, slams 2yr imprisonment on false petitioners
- FG roads: NASS approves Buhari’s request of N16.7bn refund to Borno
- Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer To Tinubu: Don’t inherit Buhari’s hostility
- Adegoke’s Murder: Court sentences Adedoyin to death
- Gov Otti reveals plan to recruit 5,000 teachers in Abia
- 10th NASS: Igbo Senate Presidency still alive, says Kalu
- Court sentences Rahmon Adedoyin, 3 others to death
- DSS’ Siege on Our Lagos Office Shocking – EFCC
- Fuel scarcity: KWSG to revoke CoO of erring filling stations
- Gov Abba Yusuf issues executive order to probe Ganduje