Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi has stated that he won’t be addressing Governor Nyesom Wike’s issue after he claimed to have taught him a lesson in politics.
Recall that Wike who served as chief of staff to Amaechi while he was governor of Rivers state between 2007 to 2015 had also accused his predecessor of diverting the resources of the state, an allegation the minister has repeatedly denied.
Appearing on an Arise TV program today March 11, Amaechi stated that he won’t bring himself ”low” to discuss about Wike.
“I don’t think I want to address the issue of the governor, I have made my point and I have moved on.
“He was my staff, I can’t bring myself low. I was a governor, I was also a speaker, I’m a minister. I was two-term chairman of governors’ forum. The same when I was a speaker. Why should I be discussing him?”
The Minister also denied calling Wike a drunk. He added;
“I only said that I don’t make statements under the influence of alcohol. Some people are attaching meaning to what I say.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency