Withdraw your petition against Tinubu- Nnamani urges Obi
Former Enugu Governor, Chimaroke Nnamani has advised Mr Peter Obi to withdraw his petition challenging the election of Sen. Bola Tinubu at the Presidential Election Tribunal.
Nnamani said this in a statement on Sunday in Abuja, urging Obi and his supporters to accept the reality of the fact that Tinubu had emerged as the President-elect of Nigeria.
“Obi knows he has neither spread nor national appeal to win the presidential election, what Obi is doing with the petition is trying to demarket Tinubu.
“His petition is dead on arrival, he does not have the spread or national appeal,his appeal to non electoral matters is to demarket the President elect and damage his reputation.
“He does not have near spread and national appeal, the petition is ego driven and a joke carried too far.
“His attempt to highlight on non electoral issues is trying to embarrass the President elect,” he said.
Nnamani said Obi needed to come down from his high horse to allow negotiation on behalf of the Igbo nation and South -East for a stake in the national and share of the accruals of the commonwealth.
“We must join the main stream and participate in the making of a new Nigeria.
“We are not going any where,and ready to bargain for our own share, It is a common knowledge that others are doing the same.
“Igbo has to confront reality now or be consigned to the backwoods of history. Time to align is now,” he said.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- NGF: Tinubu congratulates Gov. AbdulRazaq, Uzodinma
- Alleged N4bn: EFCC drills Ex-Gov. Kayode Fayemi in Ilorin
- I never indicated interest to be 10th Assembly’s Senate President— Lawan
- Insecurity: Tinubu gives Service Chiefs Matching Order
- Breaking…..CBN debunks rumour on alleged Naira devaluation
- Folashade Tinubu adds ‘First Daughter of FRN’ to her Twitter bio
- INEC rejects certified true copies of documents tendered by Atiku, PDP
- CBN devalues Naira to 630 per dollar
- Hajj 2023: Again, MAX Air makes another emergency landing in Kano
- How MDAs abused N3.8trn Service Wide Vote, by Senate