American rapper Cameron Jibril Thomaz a.k.a Wiz Khalifa tested positive for COVID-19.
The 33-year-old rapper who is showing no symptom, took to Twitter to share the news. He tweeted;
“Okay loved ones….sooo…..Ya boy got covid. No symptoms. Just stay away from me for a lil while.
“While im in the house I’ll be givin y’all new content, planning raves, and readying this new project.”
Wiz Khalifa didn’t say if he was vaccinated against COVID-19.
Only a month after Governor Gavin Newsom declared the state reopened after the 2020 stay-at-home order, infections are rising again in California with more contagious Delta variants.
Los Angeles County announced on Thursday July 15, that it will once again be required to wear face masks in indoor public facilities such as stores, grocery stores, restaurants and workplaces, regardless of vaccination status.
According to the county’s Public Health Service, the order came into effect on Saturday midnight, and the number of cases and hospitalizations for COVD-19 is steadily increasing.
The recording artist is not the only big star who has tested positive for the virus in recent days. Lea Seydoux was forced to drop out of her appearance at Cannes Film Festival, where she has four films showing.
It was also reported this week that Ed Sheeran had been forced to self-isolate after coming into contact with a COVID case.
- Reps reject Naira swap extension, threatens Emefiele’s arrest
- UNILORIN: Female varsity don performs first cancer-of-the-eye treatment
- Fuel scarcity bites harder in Dutse as litre hits N340
- New Notes: We will monitor banks’ vaults– CBN
- Rail transport system coming to Ebonyi soon– Umahi
- Art Legendary, Oladejo Akinlonu dies at 60
- Dogara takes over today as new NYSC DG
- IsDB, UNCTAD, unite over sustainable investment
- How I deal with people who disappoint me— Tinubu
- Ganduje removes travel ban for Buhari to visit Kano