By Arowona Abdulazeez
The Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice of Edo state, Professor Yinka Omorogbe has counselled Nigerians against viewing women as not being capable of leading the country as president or heading other public offices.
Omoregbe who noted that high political offices in the country are dominated by men said there are many women qualified and competent to occupy such offices.
She gave the advice in an interview with newsmen during the annual career and businesses women’s conference organised by the Daughter of Deborah International Ministry (DODIM) in Ilorin, Kwara state.
Omorogbe who said that women in the country are more than half of the population of the country argued that if a woman emerges president she could perform as much as a man could do.
She, however, did not rate women above men in competency as she noted that issue of competency could be determined by many factors.
” To make a difference in governance, it is not about gender, it is about so many other things. So I cannot say a woman will be better than a man at a particular job but woman definitely have what it takes in the same way that man has what it takes,” stated.
Omorogbe, in her lecture at the conference organised with the theme “The Balanced Women” advised women to be alive to their domestic responsibilities by managing the home affairs albeit with submission to their husbands.
Also speaking, the convener of the conference, Pastor Busola Olotu, said a woman should put her strength in the Lord to that she could be of the Lord, be successful in the home front and in her carer and become a balanced woman.
“Women should live balance life and they can actually have it all. A woman does not have to sacrifice her relationship with God for her family or sacrifice her family for her career but a woman can be all things at all times to all people when her strength is in the Lord.
“A woman should first find her place in the Lord and when she had done that, the spirit of God in her will help her and make sure that she succeeds in other areas of her life. And she will become a balanced woman,” she said.
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92
- CBN’s cash withdrawal policy’ll enhance financial inclusion – Expert
- DSS, oil marketers set to clear petrol queues in 48 hours
- FG gives update on Ajaokuta Steel resuscitation, legal tussle
- Ex-CAN President, Ayo Oritsejafor’s marriage crashes
- BREAKING…CBN begins distribution of redesigned naira notes to banks