By Francis Adekunle, Ado-Ekiti
Former Ekiti State governor and the Social Democratic Party (SDP) Governorship Candidate, Asiwaju Segun Oni has felicitated with the generality of Ekiti women on the 2022 anniversary of International Women’s Day, describing them as jewel of inestimable value.
Oni, in a press statement issued in Ado Ekiti yesterday by the Director of the Media and Publicity of the Segun Oni Movement(SOM), Mr. Jackson Adebayo, said that Ekiti women are hard-working, industrious, humane, educated, intelligent and resilience which has been instrumental to the various prestigious positions they had occupied locally, and internationally, adding that they had never let Ekiti their source down.
The SDP flag bearer further eulogise Ekiti women who he described as being averse to corruption and that they are kind-hearted, humble and supportive to their husbands, prayed that the Almighty God will continue to protect them to reap the fruits of their labour.
Oni, therefore called on the women to utilise the opportunity provided by the INEC to go out and register for the voter’s card stressing, ” if you say you like Segun Oni, and you want him again as your governor, you can’t actualize it with your mouth, you can only do it with your voter’s cards. This is why you should obtain a voter’s card today before it closes.”
He further advised the women to shun vote buyers on the election day saying, ” if you sell your vote, you have retarded the progress of your state, damaged the future of your children. Never give your voter’s card to anybody, join the struggle for a new dawn in Ekiti on June 18, 2022.
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92