Security operative dispersing Yoruba Nation agitators at Ojota, Lagos State, has reportedly killed a yogurt seller, identified simply as Jumoke.
It was gathered that the bullets fired by the security operative had severed the stomach of the girl, said to be 14 years.
She was reportedly displaying drinks at a shop when the bullet hit her.
Her body has been covered with a piece of cloth as crowd gathered at the spot.
The protest, which started with singing and chanting, got rowdy as members of the police force engage in sporadic gunshots and teargas shots.
The lifeless body of the unknown girl was crowded by sympathisers at the scene.
Earlier the men of the Lagos Police Command on Saturday fired shots at Yoruba Nation agitators who had gathered at the Gani Fawehinmi Park.
This was after some Yoruba nation agitators dared the security operatives by spreading banners and flyers to announce their arrival and presence.
- Gov. Sule approves N1.5bn for upgrading Nasarawa Broadcasting Service– Commissioner
- Why we are detaining D’Banj – ICPC
- Adeleke denies withdrawing N5bn from Osun accounts
- DMO issues 2 FGN savings bonds at N1,000 per unit
- Adamawa Govt. increases 2023 budget to N175bn
- SMEDAN empowers 90 youth with sewing machines, others in Plateau
- Rukaiya Atiku backs husband as ‘only candidate who supports women’
- Eto’o tenders apology over violent conduct
- Atiku visits Ooni, pledges restructuring
- Buhari transmits FCT 2023 Budget to Senate