Gov. Ahmadu Fintiri of Adamawa has urged the people of the state to use the Christmas season to pray for the unity, peace and prosperity of the state.
Fintiri made the call in a Christmas goodwill message to the people of the state on Friday in Yola.
The governor wished the people, especially the Christians, a happy Yuletide celebration.
“The Yuletide season presents us an opportunity once more to love, share and forgive. I urge all to utilise the period to pray for the unity, peace and prosperity of our dear state, Adamawa.
“We must also rededicate ourselves to the true virtues of faith in God, love for one another, honesty and peaceful-coexistence,” Fintiri said.
He challenged the people to make the virtues more evident and practical in their daily dealings through spreading love to their neighbours and remembering the underprivileged.
He described Jesus Christ as an embodiment of sacrificial love and advised Adamawa residents to exhibit unconditional love to one another.
He noted that the impact of loving one another would surely bring positive change that would lead to unity and development of the state and move the nation forward.
“We must, therefore, rededicate ourselves to the service of humanity in line with the true teachings of Jesus Christ which emphasises tolerance, patience, brotherly kindness, care for the needy and love for one another.
“I hope the celebration of this joyous occasion will strengthen the bonds of communal harmony, brotherhood and reinvigorate the secular and pluralistic traditions for which our people were known for in the past,” he added.
The governor observed that over the years, the teachings of Jesus, whom he described as an apostle of peace, compassion and brotherhood, had guided human beings on the path of righteousness.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)