The Kenya Air Force Mi 171 E helicopter crashed at around 9 a.m. (0600 GMT) in the county of Kajiado, the military said in a statement.
The victims were on a training exercise when the helicopter came down in Kajiado County outside the capital, Nairobi. Six people on board were seriously injured.
“This plane came when we were under the hill there. It started making a funny noise, not that of the propeller, it sounded like an ambulance. After 10 seconds it turned and tried to land but it couldn’t. I think it hit that hill and after hitting the hill, it suddenly turned and hit the ground”, said Morris Kirai Emerit, a Kajiado County resident.
Emerit said he helped to rescue two injured soldiers. Kenya’s military confirmed the crash but did not give further details.
According to the police official, there were 23 soldiers aboard the helicopter when it crashed.
- TUC calls on FG to solve naira, fuel crises
- Petrol scarcity to end in one week– NNPC
- Lagos PDP mourns as deputy governorship candidate loses mum
- Plateau Govt hands over 32 missionary schools to original owners
- AMAZING…. Ohanaeze Ndigbo finally reveals candidates to support during elections
- Why I’m supporting Tinubu, AbdulRazaq— Latinwo
- INEC has no business with MC Olumo, but park managers– REC
- Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira scarcity
- Opposition behind naira frustration– Lai Mohammed
- Breaking…. IPMAN orders fuel stations to shutdown operations