20 road project rehabilitation gulps 7bn in Kwara
By Arowona Abdulazeez
The Kwara state government on Tuesday disclosed that it has spent over N7 billion to finance and complete at least 20 projects under its infrastructure development fund (IF-K) from 2016 to date.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the government also clarified that any contractor that was yet to be paid form completed projects were those having issues with their certificates.
The state commissioner for Works and Transport, Alhaji Aro Yahaya made the disclosure in Ilorin when he featured on Media Parliament, an interactive session organized by the Kwara state council of Nigeria Union of Journalists NUJ in Ilorin.
The commissioner said the completed projects were sited based on needs assessment and that there ‘‘was no favouritism’’.
Yahaya assured that with the pool of funds available through the IF-k fund, no ongoing road project would be left uncompleted by the expiration of the tenure of governor Abdulfatah Ahmed in 2019.
He however said some of the completed road projects included one that had been under construction for over 12 years.
Some of the completed projects according to the commissioner, included, construction of Oniju Street Babaloma, construction of Oloro Palace Road, Rehabilitation of Oko Bridge and Rehabilitation of Fate Roundabout to Agric , Ilorin
Also listed were Rehabilitation of Adualere-Isale Koto Ojagboro, Ilorin, Rehabilitation of Henry George- Agbo-Oba Road, Construction of Obbo-Ile Isapa Road, Rehabilitation of Old Garage Central Mosque, Mission Road Rehabilitation of Henry George Roundabout Mini Campus-Sammill Road junction and Construction of Oko Idofin Odo-Ase/Odo Aga among others .
Yahaya therefore noted that seven more projects were almost completed while 18 were ongoing all being funded through the IF-K fund.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Nigeria to launch two more satellites into space soon – Defence Agency
- NSCDC arrests 9 over alleged meter bypass in Osun
- INEC issues Certificate of Return to Zamfara gov-elect, deputy
- Osun Govt explains delay of civil servants’ March salaries
- Singer “Portable” cooling feet in police custody
- Interim Govt: DSS raising fake alarm, ploy to arrest opposition– Atiku
- Yul Edochie reports son’s death to Police for investigation
- Election: Nigerians in USA get permission to hold protest opposite White House
- Github fires its entire India engineering team, over 140 employees
- Ex-Nigerian Minister, Kola Jamodu installed as Asiwaju of Ere Kingdom (PHOTOS)