By Golok Nnamwa
Plateau state governor Simon Lalong has said his administration is determined to revive Ailing industries in the Plateau .
Lalong made this known on Tuesday when he led some top Government functionaries on an investment visit to Alhaji Aliko Dangote, at the Corporate Headquarters of Dangote Group of Companies, Marble House Ikoyi in Lagos.
A statement made available to newsmen in Jos by the Director of Press and Public affairs to the Governor, Mr Emmanuel Nanle, reads that the meeting was intended to woo the investment interest of the Billionaire investor in core areas of Agriculture with emphasis on wheat, rice, tomato and Irish potatoes large scale Production, Solid Mineral Exploration and processing, the Establishment of Agro based industries and capital injection on a public private partnership into the revitalization of Ailing industries in the state.
The statement reads that Governor of Plateau, Simon Bako Lalong, in his remark informed Chairman of Dangote Group of Companies, Alhaji Aliko Dangote that the Government was willing to do all on her part in terms of policy formulation, tax Holidays, the Provision of land and the guarantee of security to ensure the security of investment in any of the Sector.
He informed the Chairman that currently the government of the state has secured the federal Government Support to secure all mining sites in the state not under any subsisting lease from the encroachment of illegal Artisan miners.
The governor further assured the Chairman of Dangote group that the State had concluded arrangement to reacquire the former BARC Farms which has a wide expanse of about 5000hectares and to also open up the Bokkos farm project with his existing 3009hectares for investment in Agriculture, this is beside the potentials to acquire other arable lands within the state.
On his part, the Chairman of Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, commended the Governor for the steady return of peace.
He said the violent conflicts that engulfed Plateau State in the past had hindered investors from looking in the direction.
The business mogul further said with the return of peace openings surely exist because of the weather of plateau state for large scale cultivation of wheat, rice, vegetables and fruits.
This, he said his company is interested in exploring immediately. He thanked the state Governor for keying into the new global trend of employment creation and revenue generation through private sector participation.
He therefore assured the Governor and his team of his readiness to send in consultants to engage with govt and explore the key areas of interest outlined
- Flooding: Wurukum Traders appeal to Gov over N2bn properties loss
- Kwara Police gets first female spokesperson, DSP Ejire-Adeyemi Adetoun
- Nigeria committed to end terrorism, maintenance of peace –Gaidam
- Kwara Govt. Kicks Against Street Begging
- (PHOTOS) Medical Laboratory Council Inducts KWASU’s 46 Newly Qualified Graduates
- 12 feared dead in ghastly auto crash in Kwara
- Gov. AbdulRazaq’s media aide, Rafiu Ajakaye warns against sensational reporting
- COAS visits Benue, pledges more military interventions in crises ridden areas
- Engr. Yunusa Yahaya’s death, a monumental loss to humanity— Emir of Okuta
- Emir Sulu-Gambari condoles with Etsu Tsaragi over Yahaya’s death