Dr. Tammy Danagogo, Secretary to the Rivers State Government (SSG), made the call in a statement issued on Monday in Port Harcourt by an aide, Juliana Masi.
Danagogo, while addressing the Central Planning Committee on the Armed Forces Remembrance Day, said the event provided an opportunity for all Nigerians to join hands to honour them.
“The way we appreciate the retired ones encourages those in service to continue to give their best.
“We are aware that Nigeria today needs more than the best of the military considering the security situation of the country,“ he said.
He said the Armed Forces Remembrance Day provided an opportunity for the government and citizens to appreciate the military.
Danagogo implored members of the planning committee to mobilise and work assiduously to have a memorable event.
ROYAL NEWS reports that activities to commemorate the 2023 Remembrance Day will kick-off today, Tuesday, Dec. 20 with the Emblem Appeal Fund.
At the Rivers grand finale of the event, scheduled for Jan. 15, 2023, Gov. Nyesom Wike will be the Special Guest of Honour.
Members of the Rivers planning committee are drawn from the security agencies, MDAs and other relevant organisations.
- Naira notes: CBN approves Feb. 10 as new deadline
- Buhari tackling problems others ran from– Tinubu
- Solanke-Koya urges Aviation Minister to reject payment of airfare in foreign currency
- Gusau expresses interest to run for Certified Athletic Administrator Presidency
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi
- 2023: Groups target 1million votes for Tinubu in Osun
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu purchases 100 cars for Lagos civil servants