Ahead of the forthcoming general election in Kwara State, a former Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs in the state, Aisha Ahman-Pategi, has sent a strong warning to indigenes of Kwara North Senatorial.
She stressed that, “anyone who is not with Kwara North for Governor that they are no longer welcome and any son or daughter of Kwara North that is not with Kwara North 2023 is officially disowned.”
Aisha Ahman-Pategi, a member of the All Progressives Congress, (APC) stated this when she officially announced her defection to the Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP) at the weekend.
Addressing her teaming supporters mostly youths and women of Pategi, she urged the electorate to ensure they give their mandate to responsive leaders.
According to her, Without you, there is no future for us all. So this is about you. Let’s hold hands and create a better Kwara.
she was glad for the warm reception accorded her at home.”
She disclosed that she returned to the fold of PDP haven learnt the hard way from a setting she described as ‘fuji house of commotion’ of a clueless government.
The ex-commisioner further stressed that she is fully back to support PDP’s efforts to balance political power for Kwara North in the 2023 governorship election.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the new decampee was handed a membership card and a colour coded Umbrella before enrolling for the online registration of PDP.
Aisha Ahman-Pategi was received into the fold by Alhaji Saba Lalagi, the LG party chairman, PDP chieftains and other stakeholders including former Deputy Speaker, Kwara’ State Assembly and former Nigerian Ambassador to Japan, Professor Mohammed Gana Yisa and Alhaji Mohammed Dabarako, a former Head of Service in the State.
- ICPC arrest: D’banj reacts to alleged Npower fraud
- UK govt finally declared candidate to support in 2023 polls
- Vote en masse for me in 2023, Atiku begs Osun people
- Kwara Govt approves scholarship for Law students
- Bernard Arnault overtakes Elon Musk, emerges world’s richest
- Fuel Scarcity: Give us petrol at official ex-depot price, lPMAN tasks NNPC
- We have no hands in appointment of VCs– NUC
- World Cup quarter-finals: Morocco vs. Portugal on Saturday
- Adamawa establishes 5 sexual referral centres – Official
- Ukraine’s Volodymyr Zelenskyy named Time’s 2022 Person of the Year