The Chairman of the group, Dr Aliyu Kurfi, said that the Vice President has shown great leadership qualities since he was elected into office in 2015.
He disclosed this during a consultation visit to Governor Abdullahi Sule of Nasarawa State, in Lafia on Monday, ROYAL NEWS reports.
This, he said, was why the group endorsed him to run for the office of President in 2023.
He said, “We are here on a very serious business; the serious business of political succession. We are on our own mission but engineered by the vision of one of our elder statesmen, Vice President of Nigeria, Prof Yemi Osinbajo.
“We have gone through the various records of activities, life history and of course, the trends of events in politics and we have agreed as an association to work towards the promotion of his candidature.
“We made this decision because we believe with all honesty that we have a professional gentleman and if given the opportunity, he will not only continue the good work of Mr President but will make Nigeria a better place for all of us.”
Responding, Sule said Osinbajo was a sellable presidential aspirant if he chose to contest the presidential elections in 2023.
“If the Vice President chooses to contest the 2023 Presidential elections, then you have nothing to worry about because he is a sellable candidate for the party whose antecedent as an astute politician speaks volumes.”
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92
- CBN’s cash withdrawal policy’ll enhance financial inclusion – Expert
- DSS, oil marketers set to clear petrol queues in 48 hours
- FG gives update on Ajaokuta Steel resuscitation, legal tussle
- Ex-CAN President, Ayo Oritsejafor’s marriage crashes
- BREAKING…CBN begins distribution of redesigned naira notes to banks