The suspects are Jamiu Rasaq, 29, Mohammed Idris, 18, Bala Abubakar, 15 and Haruna Muhammed, 20.
Mr Babawale Afolabi, Spokesman of the Command, said that the suspects were caught while trying to vandalize an armoured cable of a 33 KVA transformer, serving the community.
Afolabi said that the prompt response of the Corps’ Anti-Vandal Unit to the community’s distress call made it possible for the arrest to take place.
“The arrest is in line with the directive given by the Commandant General, CG Ahmed Abubakar Audi, regarding one of the core mandates of the NSCDC, to protect all government’s critical infrastructures and national assets.
“The anti-vandal unit of the corps was able to arrest four vandals, who were met vandalizing a 33 kva transformer serving a whole community,” the spokesman said.
The State Commandant, Makinde Ayinla, has ordered for full scale investigations that could lead to the arrest of other suspects, believed to be at large. (NAN)
- 2023 election about competence, not religion– Tinubu Group
- 2023: Osinbajo group endorses Tinubu, receives APC letter of recognition
- Kwara Govt converts Ilorin General Hospital to teaching hospital
- I won’t forget Nigerians if elected, Tinubu vows
- Spectrum Auction will democratize broadband for Nigerians — Danbatta
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated