The allegation by Dr. Kayode Afolayan is news to us, as the University authority is not aware of any meeting by any group outside the one held by the Kwara State Police Commissioner with members of all campus unions (staff and students) in the University Auditorium on Wednesday, 9th November. This meeting, which was also attended by members of the Private Hostel Association and Tanke community leaders, was conveyed to foster the security of lives and property of members of the University community and its adjoining communities.
Members of the Executive Council of Unilorin ASUU, led by Dr. Usman Raheem, were fully represented at the meeting and they made useful contributions to its proceedings.
Whatever happened between the Kayode Afolayan group and the DSS, as alleged, is not known to the University management.
We should therefore not be drawn into any fray by people whose well-known stock-in-trade is to foment trouble just for attention seeking.
Head, Corporate Affairs
- COAS commissions projects at NAIC Hdqtrs (PHOTOS)
- Senate approves Tinubu’s removal of Irukera as FCCPC boss
- NDDC: Senate rejects Anambra as lawmakers biker over Kogi
- Senate Summons Wike , FCT CP over spate of kidnappings
- Reps Reject NNPCL’s OVH Acquisition Report, Order Fresh Investigation
- NNPCL, OPEC Pledge Collaboration to Attract Investments, Grow Production
- COED Tech. lay-off 95 workers in Enugu over alleged irregularities
- ‘Yahoo Plus’ pushes 27yr-old man to kill father for rituals
- (PHOTOS) Army GOC visits Shehu of Borno, sues for collaboration
- NatureNews Targets 5bn Trees Plantation by 2030, Unveils ‘NaijaGreenProject’ Initiative