This is contained in a statement signed by FCTA Director of Land Management Adamu Hussaini on Tuesday in Abuja.
Mr. Hussaini said that the measure is aimed at ensuring adequate protection of lives and property in the 250 square kilometers of Abuja and its surroundings.
“In order to ensure adequate protection of lives and property in the 250 square kilometers of the FCC and its surroundings, the administration may have concluded agreements to sanction the owners of 435 abandoned / incomplete structures.”
The director, who revealed that the penalty may include revocation of titles, advised the owners of such abandoned and unfinished buildings within the city to work quickly to complete those buildings.
According to him, such structures have become a source of security breach in the city.
“The security breach is of great concern to the government and it will not sit back to see the danger waiting to erupt. This development has been a matter of concern for the FCT administration.
“These abandoned and unfinished buildings have become a haven for unintentional occupants, as well as other criminally disposed people, who use these unfinished structures as a hiding place to perpetuate their nefarious activities against residents.”
He also revealed that the same fate can befall the owners of some 600 undeveloped parcels in the federal capital.
He stressed that those undeveloped plots remain an eyesore in Abuja, despite the huge amount of money spent to provide basic infrastructure in the districts.
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note