About 640 people who were fully vaccinated died with Covid-19 in England in six months (January to July) accounting for just 1% of deaths, new figures have revealed
According to a Monday morning, September 13 publication by the Office for National Statistics (ONS), of the 51,281 people who died with the virus between January 2 and July 2, some 38,964 were unvaccinated, while a tiny proportion had received two doses.
During the particular time frame, which includes the early stages of the vaccine rollout, only 640 people with complete vaccinations people died from Covid-19.
That figure represents 1.25% of the Covid deaths in the first six months of 2021.
The report adds that just 256 of those that died were among people infected more than two weeks after their second jab as it takes two weeks for full protection to kick in after a second jab.
The figures tend to prove that vaccines dramatically reduce the risk of dying with the illness.
The ONS explained: ‘61.1% of breakthrough deaths occurred in males, compared to 52.2% and 48.5% for other COVID-19 deaths and for non-COVID-19 deaths respectively’.
‘The median age of breakthrough deaths was 84, compared to 82 for other COVID-19 deaths and for non-COVID-19 deaths.
‘13.1% of breakthrough deaths occurred in people who were identified as likely to be immunocompromised from hospital episodes or causes of death, compared to 5.4% for other COVID-19 deaths.’
However, the ONS added that some deaths are expected in vaccinated individuals as no vaccine is 100% effective.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo