The embattled Deputy Commissioner of Police, DCP, Abba Kyari, has deleted his Facebook post explaining his interaction with arrested international cybercriminal, Ramon Abbas, popularly known as Hushpuppi.
Kyari pulled down the post amid the controversy surrounding his relationship with Hushpuppi.
In the United States, a court had accused Hushpuppi of bribing Kyari to jail an errant cyber-criminal.
Reports had claimed that Hushpuppi bribed Kyari to arrest and jail his errant gang member, Vincent Chibuzo, over a deal worth $1.1 million.
But, Kyari, who then headed the Police Intelligence Response Team, IRT, denied the allegation.
In a post on his verified Facebook page, the former IRT boss had explained that Hushpuppi had called his office complaining of a threat to his life.
Kyari had explained that he and his IRT never collected “any Kobo” from Hushpuppi.
He further disclosed how the international cybercriminal had sent him N300, 000 into the bank account of a trader who sells “native clothes and caps.”
Kyari had said: “Later, he saw some of my Native Clothes and Caps on my social media page and he said he likes them and he was connected to the person selling the clothes and he sent about N300k directly to the person’s account. The Native Clothes and Caps (5 sets) were brought to our office and He sent somebody to collect them in our office.
“Nobody demanded any money from Abbas Hushpuppi and nobody collected any money from him. We responded to a distress call he made on the threat to his family and released the suspect when we discovered there was no life threat from the suspect. This is the true story. Vincent is alive, he can be contacted.
However, when the verified Facebook was perused through the same, the statement was no longer there on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, the Inspector General of Police, IGP, Alkali Usman Baba, had suspended Kyari while ordering a review of the allegation.
The IGP also removed him as head of IRT and had replaced him with Tunji Disu.
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92