Top officials of Abubakar Bukola Saraki (ABS) Ilorin FC on Thursday in Lagos met with an Italian football agent and businessman, Francepsco Rocco on ways to partner with the Kwara based Nigeria National League (NNL) side , ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
The meeting which took place at the prestigious Radisson Blu Hotel, Ikeja, Lagos, had in attendance, ABS Ilorin FC’s Director of Football (DOF), Alloy Chukwuemeka, Coordinator, Malik Olasunkanmi and the club’s Head of Media and Communications, Olayinka Owolewa.
Rocco, who is the President of EGW Sports Management, based in Dubai told the ABS officials ways he can collaborate with the club and how he intends to use the Ilorin based team to promote sports business in Nigeria.
The Italian businessman who lamented that the media is not doing good to football players in Sub-Saharan Africa, said it is difficult to access the players.
He further explained that this development is making it difficult for sponsorship deals to come to Africa from Europe.
Rocco said if follow up to the Thursday’s meeting is successful, he will like to sign a multi-million naira deal with ABS for five years, which will include production of kits, shirts sponsor among others.
He disclosed that EGW Sports Management has signed a deal with Young African of Tanzania, according to him, the deal will begin in June, 2020.
Responding, the ABS Director of Football, Alloy Chukwuemeka, specifically thanked Mr Rocco for flying to Nigeria to meet him and his team.
The Nigeria Premier League Club Owners’ Scribe, highlighted some of the achievements of the Ilorin based side to Rocco and told him the club’s plan to lay foundation of its stadium before the year runs out or early 2020.
Chukwuemeka assured the Italian the readiness of the club to do business with him in all ramifications.
The ABS DOF, asked Rocco to join hands with the club to build the team’s new stadium, a move the Italian embraced immediately.
Rocco later presented to the ABS officials a brochure of his business.
- Buhari seeks Senate’s approval of 6 Executive Bills
- Convicted Yahoo Yahoo boy masterminds $100million deal from prison custody
- EFCC jails another 5 internet fraudsters in Ilorin (PHOTOS)
- SAD…AbdulRazaq mourns as KWASU loses lecturer, student in auto crash
- Hate Speech Bill: Death penalty, other punitive terms open to amendments
- Imbibe spirit of sportsmanship, ex-PDP aspirant, Igali tells Bayelsa gov-elect
- No going back on Hate Speech Bill, says sponsor
- UNILORIN, AL-Hikmah varsities’ best graduating students to bag Gbenga Power Foundation scholarships
- Lawan rejoices with APC, Kogi, Bayelsa governors-elect
- Lagos govt to prosecute Indian national for keeping Lion at home