The wife of the Katsina State Deputy Accountant General, Hajiya Lubabatu, has been abducted by unknown gunmen.
A source close to the family said Lubabatu who returned from a lesser Hajj (Umrah) on Tuesday, was abducted on Wednesday night around 9pm.
It was learnt that the gunmen, numbering fifteen, gained access into the GRA residence of the Deputy Accountant General, using a Peugeot 206, which the private guards mistook for one of his cars.
The source added that after the gunmen had entered the compound, they manhandled those met in the house and demanded Lubabatu.
After finding her, they ordered her inside the car and then drove her out of the premises and reportedly out of Katsina.
The Deputy Accountant General was reportedly not in when the gunmen stormed the house.
Efforts to get his comments on the incident on Thursday were abortive as he was said not to be around.
Sympathisers who were mainly top civil servants were, however, seen trooping to the house to console him on the incident.
The abductors were yet to make contact with the family as of the time of putting this report together.
Spokesman for the Katsina Police Command, SP Gambo Isah, could not be reached for comments as his telephone lines rang out.
- Bureau of statistics releases new corruption rate ratio in Nigeria
- BREAKING…. Court sentences two ‘Yahoo Yahoo’ boys to 6months jailterm in Ilorin
- Everton fires Manager, Marco Silva
- Nigeria will soon be self-sufficient in rice production— Minister
- Minister launches NAVSA, to create 6million jobs in 10yrs
- Committee of CMDs raises alarm over impending problems
- When will Gov. Abdulrazaq present 2020 budget?
- Senate to IGP: Reduce checkpoints on federal highways
- Atiku decries $100bn annual foreign school fees by wealthy Nigerians
- Senate passes 2020 budget,raises estimates to N10.594trn