Adamawa’s Gov. Fintiri appreciates electorate, lauds INEC over his re-election
Adamawa’s Gov. Ahmadu Fintiri on Tuesday in Yola expressed appreciation of voters for their overwhelming support at Saturday’s supplementary governorship election which ended in his re-election.
The governor, candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) also commended INEC for conducting free, fair and credible elections.
Fintiri scored 430,788 votes to defeat his closest opponent, Sen. Aishatu Binani of the All Progressives Congress (APC) who secured 398,788 votes at the election.
In his acceptance speech, Fintiri promised to deliver more democracy dividends for the development of the state.
“You voted for continuity in functional public school system and payment of West African Examination Council’s and National Education Council’s examination fees for our children.
“You voted for continuity in the provision of healthcare and health insurance that make it easier for the vulnerable to access quality health service with ease.
“You voted for continuity in the provision of urban and rural infrastructure, policies that empower our women and youths and continuity of justice and fair play,’’ he said.
Fintiri particularly commended the institutional capacity of INEC at the election, especially its use of new technology in the conduct of the exercise.
“Technological innovation introduced in the conduct of the election and the untiring commitment of the management and staff of INEC added tremendous value to the credibility of the election,’’ the governor said.
Fintiri thanked and appreciated national and international election observers, the media, security agencies and all other stakeholders for the role they played in ensuring free, fair and credible election.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Tinubu commiserates with India over deadly train crash
- N2bn: Ex-Women Affairs Minister, Pauline Tallen reacts to rumoured EFCC’s arrest
- EFCC grills Buhari’s minister Pauline Tallen
- UN appoints Akinwumi Adesina, Muhtar, Nwuneli into new positions
- We won’t fix petrol prices again – NMDPRA
- Court affirms Iyorchia Ayu’s sack as PDP National Chairman
- Importer to CBN: Tell the truth, Naira has been devalued
- NLC to commence nationwide strike on Wednesday if new petrol price isn’t reversed
- Breaking….. Tinubu announces critical appointments, Gbajabiamila, Akume, Hadejia make list
- FG to fix one refinery before December — Kyari