Adejo Okeme wins Labour Party’s Kogi Guber ticket
A legal practitioner and prominent businessman, Barrister Adejo Okeme has won the Labour party governorship ticket for Kogi election.
Barrister Okeme polled 127 votes ahead of his closest rival, AVM Isaac Alfa who scored 69 votes at the primary held on Saturday in Lokoja, the state capital. Barrister Okeme is from Kogi East Senatorial district.
Prior to the commencement of the Election Barrister Okeme had told journalists that tackling unemployment and prompt salary payment would top the list of his priority projects if given the chance to become the governor of the state on January 27th 2024.
Okeme also said that his administration would not joke with the issue of security without which no business can thrive anywhere…
“I am a businessman and I know fully well that you need a conducive atmosphere for business to thrive and therefore, I will not joke with the issue of security.”
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Tinubu commiserates with India over deadly train crash
- N2bn: Ex-Women Affairs Minister, Pauline Tallen reacts to rumoured EFCC’s arrest
- EFCC grills Buhari’s minister Pauline Tallen
- UN appoints Akinwumi Adesina, Muhtar, Nwuneli into new positions
- We won’t fix petrol prices again – NMDPRA
- Court affirms Iyorchia Ayu’s sack as PDP National Chairman
- Importer to CBN: Tell the truth, Naira has been devalued
- NLC to commence nationwide strike on Wednesday if new petrol price isn’t reversed
- Breaking….. Tinubu announces critical appointments, Gbajabiamila, Akume, Hadejia make list
- FG to fix one refinery before December — Kyari